2009, Sort of a do-over


Welcome 2009.

In 2008 I moved out of my house on a cul-de-sac and into an apartment. I feel grounded and settled in my third floor apartment, a place where I have experienced incredible feelings of loneliness and exhileration. I also got divorced in 2008, and ordained as a Catholic deacon in the Ecumenical Catholic Communion.

I don't like sharing custody of my kids, and I don't like the impact that divorce has on their day to day lives. They live with me one week, their father the next. But I truly believe that this is better for them as well.

I cried a lot in 2008. Sometimes, I don't even realize that I am crying until the tears are literally rolling down my face.

So, when does a marriage become a divorce? Not at the moment when a judge signs a piece of paper (besides, that moment only lasted 7 minutes and was done on the phone). Was there a point where my marriage and divorce met, one creating the way for the other?

That is how 2008 and 2009 have met now. 2008 brushed up against 2009, passed on the baton, and told her to run with it.

Its time to run with it.

I don't know if I really have resolutions for 2009. I need to get my life in order financially, the last piece of our marriage to be untangled. I have a new relationship with money now, grounded in that intriguing theological concept of scarcity. We are getting to know each other in a new way.

But what I really want to do in 2009 is to fall in love with myself. What will that look like, I don't know. But this is the journey I need to be on now.
You have read this article divorce / resolutions with the title 2009, Sort of a do-over. You can bookmark this page URL https://blogarttattoo.blogspot.com/2009/01/2009-sort-of-do-over.html. Thanks!