my youngest (11) crawled into bed
to snuggle

i said
you know,
my alarm will go off in two minutes

yes,
she replied,
every minute counts now

every minute counts now

a friend told his cancer maybe terminal
a relationship that ends
quiet moments alone, brushing up against loneliness
parents who have already outlived their parents
brother on house arrest
cough that started last september
not enough money to pay the last medical bills
manager quits
end of elementary school

every minute counts now

2 churches that want me to fill in during may, when my home church didn't need me
walking again
breathing again, making friends with my inhaler
teenagers who want to spend time with me
a card table setup just to play with paper
oh, i hope you are crocheting that for me
a screened in balcony, the pigeon-free-zone
i can see mountains
friends, friends, friends
parents an hour drive away
finally, a homily on goats
countdown to our summer list of to do's
a new book group, more group than book
new coffee shops to meet friends
an 11 year old to snuggle with

every minute counts now
You have read this article with the title . You can bookmark this page URL https://blogarttattoo.blogspot.com/2010/04/my-youngest-11-crawled-into-bed-to.html. Thanks!